Due to high relative molecular weight of vegetable oil, common emulsifiers prone to show problems including poor emulsification, oil separation, emulsification decline at low temperature, high addition rate of adjuvant. SP-OF 3418 is an outstanding emulsifier for natural vegetable oil. It is a NP-free emulsifier obtained by the copolymerization of biodegradable long-chain olefin and vinyl monomer, showing good dispersion stability in high mineralized water at low temperature .
Advantages of SP-OF3418
1. Versatility: good emulsification for different vegetable oil (e.g. soybean oil)
2. Hard water resistance: aging storage stability and good emulsifying property in various water, especially hard water.
3. Low temperature resistance: excellent emulsification in various climate, especially low temperature .
4. Environment-friendly: a promising NP-free emulsifier, meeting the environmental requirements
5. Emulsifier for soybean oil: grind-aiding, viscosity reduction, grinding efficiency and flowability improvement.
1. Compatibility for vegetable oil
SP-OF 3418 shows better emulsification for soybean oil, rapeseed oil, sunflower seed oil and corn oil than products such as 26**, adjuvant V and adjuvant F.
Note: The smaller the particle size is, the better the emulsification is. The small particle size of SP-OF 3418 sample represents its excellent emulsifying performance.
2. Influence of emulsification temperature and water hardness on emulsifier
SP-OF3418 has better emulsification and hard water resistance ability than control adjuvant B in 342ppm×2 and 1000 ppm hardness water. Besides, its emulsification increases with temperature. Effect of 20% addition mount is better than 15%.
3. Application of SP-OF3418 in OD formulation
3.1 Thermal storage
Comparison of 10% Nicosulfuron OD samples after thermal storage for 14D demonstrates that both SP-OF3418 and adjuvant B have better flowability than other adjuvants.
3.2 Emulsification difference in hard water
(1) 10% Nicosulfuron OD RT storage samples in 342 ppm and 1000 ppm hardness water @30℃: Judging form the particle size of all samples, SP-OF3418 has relatively better emulsifying performance than other adjuvants. Although the D99 of 26** is better than that of SP-OF 3418, D50 and D90 of SP-OF 3418 is superior to that of 26**. Final emulsification ranking: SP-OF3418>adjuvant B>26**>adjuvant Y
Emulsification performance of samples (RT storage) in 342 ppm (left) and 1000 (right) ppm hardness water @ 30℃
(2) 10% Nicosulfuron OD thermal storage samples in 342 ppm and 1000 ppm hardness water @30℃: The emulsifying performance of SP-OF3418 is stable and is the best among the four adjuvants.
Emulsification performance of samples (thermal storage) in 342 ppm (left) and 1000 (right) ppm hardness water @ 30℃
(3) 10% Nicosulfuron OD RT and thermal storage samples in 342 ppm hardness water at low temperature (15℃): The emulsifying performance of SP-OF3418 is stable and is better than control adjuvant B.
Emulsification performance of samples (RT storage and thermal storage) in 342 ppm hardness water @15℃
(4) 10% Nicosulfuron OD RT and thermal storage samples in 1000 ppm hardness water at low temperature (15℃): SP-OF3418 is superior to adjuvant B by excellent hard water resistance and stable emulsifying performance in thermal storage.
Emulsification performance of samples (RT storage and thermal storage) in 1000 ppm hardness water @15℃
3.3 Stability of thermal storage samples for 1 month
After thermal storage for one month, 10% Nicosulfuron OD prepared by SP-OF3418 shows good flowability without sediment at the bottom of bottle.
3.4 Comparison of dispersibility
SP-OF 3418 has good dispersing property, and it also shows good grind-aiding effect with high grinding efficiency. After grinding, SP-OF 3418 sample has lower viscosity without any adhesion to bottle.
3.5 Analysis of samples by stabilometer
Formulation prepared by SP-OF 3418 is the most stable sample during 54℃ storage.
3.6 Comparison of crystal growth
SP-3418 gives the best grinding effect under the same condition, and its particle size apparently lower than other control adjuvants.
3.7 Crystal growth under microscope
SP-3418 sample clearly shows better dispersing performance than control groups, and its particle disperses homogeneously without any agglomeration. It has no agglomeration even after thermal storage.